On December 14, 2015, the Regina Public Schools Board of Trustees approved a plan for universal lunchroom supervision.
[From 2008 to present], anecdotally schools have reported a substantial increased workload associated with organizing and maintaining the free lunch hour supervision program. Additionally, schools have reported an increase of pressure on school staffs. Finally, the associated costs with funding a free universal elementary lunch hour supervision program have increased.
(Review of Universal Lunchroom Supervision Program and Implementation Plan for the 2016-17 School Year, December 2015)
1. Parents of all Grades 1 to 8 students staying at noon who do not qualify for transportation by the division will be required to pay a registration fee at the beginning of the school year.
2. Parents of Grades 1 to 8 students whose child will stay at noon must complete a lunchroom registration form for each child who will be using the lunchroom services of the school.
3. Parents will identify the following:
a. Transported or qualify for transportation by the school division (bus/cab), or
b. Not transported by the school division, full-time usage of lunchroom, or
c. Not transported by the school division, part-time usage of lunchroom.
4. Full-time is defined as 51% or more usage; part-time is defined as 50% or less usage.
5. In the event that a student is not transported or does not qualify for transportation by the school division, the fee rate will be as follows:
a. Full-time - $100 per year per child
b. Part-time - $50 per year per child
6. Students registered at a Regina Public school after January 31st, will pay the pro-rated rate of $50/$25 per child for that school year.
7. Fees will be paid one time through the school office. A receipt of payment of noon-hour supervision fees will be provided to parents. Parents will be encouraged to pay in full at the beginning of the school year. To support families who may have financial need, there is the option of splitting the payments, half in September and half in February.
8. If a family moves from one Regina Public school to another, the fee is transferable but is non-refundable.
9. Where there is financial need, families may contact their school principal.
10. The maximum paid by one family to supervise all of their children will be $200. This applies to both full-time and part-time usage, as well as registrations after Jan. 31st.
11. For further information, please contact your school principal.