May 8, 2020
As you have probably already heard, the provincial government has determined that students will not be returning to school for the remainder of this school year (to the end of June). However, teachers will continue to provide all McDermid students with supplemental learning opportunities. We are working hard to make sure students are engaged and staying connected in many different ways. We encourage you to continue to support your child’s education in the best ways you can.
Over the next week, May 11 – 15, we will be developing plans that will take us to the end of the school year. These plans will include several items listed below. During the week of May 19 – 22, we will share details of this plan so you are up-to-date. Details will be shared through a future email, and on our web site and Facebook.
- The process to pick up remaining student materials from the school.
- Registration for new kindergarten students.
- Organizing an appropriate way to provide a Grade 8 farewell.
- Ensuring all grade 8s are registered for high school.
- Continuing to stay connected with families.
- Continuing to offer supplemental learning.
- Continuing to support food distribution through the Salvation Army food truck.
We encourage all parents/guardian to watch our school web site and Facebook page for updates. If you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you.
During these very unusual times, we have learned how much we appreciate being with students and how much we value the contributions families make to our school. Thank you for your support; we will get through this together in a positive way. As we say each morning during announcements,
At McDermid Community School, we believe in Honour, Respect, and Responsibility.
Mr. B. Phillips Ms. A. Howard
Mr. Bob Phillips, Principal Ms. April Howard, Vice-Principal